Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Laura Arthur

Laura Arthur
Residence Life Coordinator
Towson University

Where you went to school:
B.S. from Xavier University
M.A. from Ohio State University


What are you most passionate about in the field: Helping students figure out their place in college, whether in terms of involvement, a major, or a future career.

Who has been your biggest influence in your career: My first residence life supervisor, Angie Kneflin. Angie saw past my shy exterior, motivated me to take a leadership role within our department, and saw me through several professional and personal hurdles. In her third year of encouraging me to consider student affairs as a career, Angie forced me to attend a Careers in Student Affairs conference. It was October of senior year, and within an hour of the conference, I knew that student affairs, not the career path I had decided on long ago, was my true calling. Angie’s support helped me see that the best things may be those you do not plan, advice I now share with my own students.

Something exciting you did this summer: I took my first trip out West to beautiful San Diego! My favorite parts were the seals at the La Jolla cove, koalas and pandas at the zoo, and running along the Pacific!

Something fun that you do outside of your job or something we should know about you: I love traveling, photography, and music- sometimes going to concerts, sometimes having a concert of one in my apartment. :) I also enjoy baking and adding peanut butter to just about anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment