Friday, October 1, 2010

Brittany Duncan

Brittany Duncan
Resident Director
Frostburg State University

Current Institution: Indiana University of PA (graduate classes), Frostburg State University (working in ResLife)

Where you went to school:
Undergrad: Shippensburg University of PA '09
Masters: Indiana University of PA (in progress), '11

What are you most passionate about in the field: Working with students in varying circumstances and seeing them develop as individuals, students, and leaders as they learn more about their institution and work with their peers and staff. I am able to see this working in Residence Life, and I am also very passionate about student involvement and service. The functional areas I am most passionate about and would like to work in are Leadership and Civic Engagement, Residence Life, Student Activites, or Conferences and Events Management.

Who has been your biggest influence in your career: My supervisor at Shippensburg University influenced my decision to attend graduate school and pursue a career in student affairs. My fellow RA's and supervisors at SHIP were a wonderful, hard working group of people that made me want to continue working with students and stay in the college environment.

Something exciting you did this summer: Visited Phipps Conservatory in Pittsburgh, PA, worked in Conferences and Events Management at Susquehanna University

Something fun that you do outside of your job or something we should know about you: I am a huge hockey fan and love the Pittsburgh Penguins. I also love Rutt's Hut's hot dogs. I think I would travel to NJ just to have a few.

No comments:

Post a Comment